WHY COMMERCIAL CLEANING?
There will always be a need for commercial cleaning services - even during tough economic times. This makes commercial cleaning a truly recession resistant franchise model. Just drive down the street and every business you see is being cleaned by someone, whether it's a healthcare facility, auto dealership, office, bank, or any other type of business.
The commercial cleaning industry generates $100 billion annually and is expected to have double digit growth in 2015. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics it is one of the fastest growing industries with almost 100 billion square feet of commercial floor space in the U.S. alone. You will never run out of franchises to sell or buildings to clean! In addition, the market is fragmented - not dominated by a few companies, which allows ease of access to the market with Anago's branded concept. Even minimal market share can translate to high revenue for the Master Owner.
Unlike other franchise business models with a single revenue stream, the Anago Master Franchise Owner makes money through multiple revenue streams. The Master collects a down payment and recurring note payment from the sale of the Unit Franchise. The Unit also pays royalty, administration, advertising and insurance fees for every contract assigned to him/her by the Master. The Master Owner can rest assured knowing that this revenue is set to reoccur on a monthly basis.
WHY THE FRANCHISED COMMERCIAL CLEANING INDUSTRY?
- This is a huge industry! It's currently at over $100 billion annually, and has projected double-digit growth. You will never run out of franchises to sell or buildings to have cleaned.
- It is a stable business model. Cleaning has been around since the beginning of time and is not trend dependant.
- It is truly a recession-resistant industry. Just drive down the street, and count all the businesses you see. Every one of them needs to be cleaned!
- The competition is fragmented - not dominated by a few companies, which positions Anago as a leader with our branded concept.
- Minimal market share can translate to high revenue for the Master Owner.
- Low overhead and fast ramp up.
- There are multiple revenue streams for the Master.
WHAT IS THE BUSINESS MODEL?
The Anago Master Owner has the exclusive developmental rights to sell Janitorial or Unit Franchises in a defined territory.
Simultaneously, the Master sells cleaning contracts, business to business, within the territory and assigns them to those who purchased a Unit Franchise.
WHO IS THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR AN ANAGO MASTER?
- Mid to Senior Level Executive.
- Strong sales and marketing background is a plus.
- Ability to recruit, direct, and manage highly motivated sales personnel.
- Meets financial requirements.
- An Anago Master Owner is a white-collar business executive. They do not clean and do not manage cleaning crews, that's the responsibility of their franchisees.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD ANAGO CLEANING SYSTEMS MASTER FRANCHISEE?
The ideal candidate for this outstanding business opportunity is an individual with a strong sales and marketing background, and the ability to manage a highly motivated staff. The Master Owner must also have the ability to recruit and direct highly motivated sales personnel. Commercial cleaning or franchising experience is a plus, but not necessary. Anago will teach you everything you need to know.
Anago's Master Owners are former VPs, CEOs and Senior Executives from a wide variety of industries, such as pharmaceuticals, advertising, telecommunications, and healthcare.
An ideal Anago Master Owner must be driven, self-motivated and have support from family and friends. They must be willing and enthusiastic about following Anago's time-tested systems. Why would you buy a franchise if you just wanted to turn around and reinvent the wheel?
Prospective Master candidates must also meet financial requirements to purchase and support their Master territory. Franchise fees start at $59K for most major U.S. territories, and the total amount of working capital required is $154K - $257K, including the franchise fee. If you are looking for a lower-cost cleaning franchise opportunity, please click here to learn more about our Unit Franchises.
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF AN ANAGO MASTER OWNER?
- You are not in the cleaning business; you are in the sales and marketing business.
- You control your time in the office as well as the time away from the office.
- Build and mentor a team of employees to support your Unit Franchisees.
- Develop your client base through sales and marketing efforts.
- Network with other business owners in your area and create local market awareness for your services.
WHAT DOES THE MASTER NEED TO GET STARTED?
Only 1000 sqft of office space to start, located near a major highway, in an office park or multi-tenant building.
Initially, Master Owners just need an administrative assistant and a telemarketer, and have no problem taking on the tasks listed below. This helps keep the overhead low.
There are 4 key tasks in a Master office. An Anago Owner may take one or more of these positions: Office Administrator/Customer Service, Unit Franchise Sales, Client Sales, Telemarketer.
WHAT MAKES ANAGO CLEANING SYSTEMS UNIQUE?
Anago's motto is: Our Mission: Our Franchisees. Their Success.
At Anago Cleaning Systems, we practice what we preach. Everything we do is done with the success of our Master Franchisees and the success of their Unit Franchisees in mind. Our mission is to provide an innovative, effective and profitable commercial cleaning system that includes the most effective methods of commercial cleaning to the Unit Franchisees, thereby providing the very best opportunity for their success. Anago's philosophy of equipping the Master Franchise Owner with the best management and sales system in the marketplace is the key to their success. That's what sets us apart - our commitment to both the Master and Unit Franchisees.
Anago has been recognized as the technology leader in the franchised commercial cleaning industry. Our proprietary software systems will allow you to run every aspect of your Master Franchise effectively and efficiently:
NBDS (New Business Development System)
Used to identify commercial cleaning accounts within a Master Franchise Owner's territory, the NBDS provides customer contact information to your sales team, who can then price the services and prepare the cleaning proposal. The NBDS compiles a comprehensive profile on each prospect.
IGAS (Invoice Generating and Account Statement)
IGAS coordinates almost all the financial operations of your Master Franchise, from automated billing, producing account statements, and providing cash flow and financial data. IGAS assists with monitoring critical business functions for you and your Franchisees.
When considering the purchase of a franchise, you look at all aspects of the business model, but ultimately it has to be a good fit with the individuals who will be supporting you in achieving the success you desire. At Anago, it's also all about the people. We are a family-owned and operated business. We pride ourselves on the outstanding training and support we provide to our Master Franchisees. Their success is our success.
WHAT KIND OF OFFICE DO I NEED?
To get started, you will need approximately 1,000 sq. ft. of office space, located near a major highway, in an office park or multi-tenant building. In addition to your employees, the only people coming to your office will be prospective Unit Franchisees.
HOW MANY EMPLOYEES DO I NEED?
There are 4 key tasks in a Master office. As an Anago Master Owner, you may take one or more of these positions:
- Office Administrator / Customer Service
- Unit Franchise Sales
- Client Sales
To help keep your overhead low, you may initiate your Master with just an Administrative Assistant and a Telemarketer. You can take over the Unit Franchise and Client Sales positions.
WHAT TRAINING AND SUPPORT ARE PROVIDED FOR THE MASTER?
Site Development - We help you locate office space, negotiate your lease, hire employees, contract with a janitorial supplier in the area, map out your territory, negotiate advertising contracts, and just about everything else you might need assistance with prior to opening.
Initial Training - Our team trains you on every aspect of the business, from franchise sales to customer service, and teaches you how to use our comprehensive software programs to track every bit of it.
Field Training - You will receive additional "hands on" training from some of our most successful Masters and learn their secrets to success!
On-Going Training - You will have 24/7 access to our Corporate Support Team, plus Regional Conferences, Field Visits, Conference Calls, Webinars, Tech Support, Vendor Relations
We provide you with a full set of easy to use manuals and access to a comprehensive video library for instruction in every aspect of your Master office including Administration, Telemarketing, Sales Bidding & Estimating, Operations, etc.
We provide you with a full set of Manuals for coaching your Unit Franchisees.
Anago even prepares your Unit Franchisee Agreement template, which translates into less legal expenses for you.
HOW DOES ANAGO DETERMINE ITS TERRITORIES?
Anago Cleaning Systems has Master Franchise opportunities available in most major metropolitan areas across the United States and internationally. Each Master territory consists of a minimum population base of 500,000 people, with a business census of at least 5,000 establishments. Master territories are bordered by county lines. We analyze how much money is spent on commercial cleaning in a given market to set our goals.
Here is a listing of available U.S. territories (contact Anago regarding international availability):
Baton Rouge, LA
Colorado Springs, CO
El Paso, TX
Fort Worth, TX
Grand Rapids, MI
Kansas City, KS
Kansas City, MO
Las Vegas, NV
Little Rock, AR
Los Angeles, CA
New Haven, CT
New Orleans, LA
New York, NY
Oklahoma City, OK
San Antonio TX
San Francisco, CA
Santa Rosa, CA
St. Louis, MO
White Plains, NY
Territory availability is subject to change
WHAT ARE MY START UP COSTS?
Anago Cleaning Systems has a proven business model that has made our Master Franchisees successful. We take pride in what we do, and our Team will work with every Master Owner to make sure they have a full understanding of what it takes to succeed in business.
On average, the start up costs for an Anago Master Franchise can range from $154K - $257K, including the franchise fee. The detailed graph below outlines exactly how those fees breaks down. If you are looking for a lower-cost cleaning franchise opportunity, please click here to learn more about our Unit Franchises.
Your Estimated Initial Investment
|Type of Expense
||Method of Payment
||Payment Made To
||Upon signing the Purchase Agreement
|Legal and Accounting
||$4,000 to $10,000
||Attorneys and Accountants
|Marketing and Advertising
||$5,000 to $10,000
||As incurred Suppliers
||$3,000 to $4,000
||Before beginning business
|Licenses and Permits
||$125 to $1,000
||Lump Sum or monthly installments
||Before beginning business
|Travel Expenses for training
||$2,500 to $5,000
||$1,000 to $5,000
||$1,000 to $5,000
||On signing lease
||$500 to $1,500
||Before commencing business
|Equipment and Fixtures
||$5,000 to $15,000
||500 to 1,250
||Lump Sum or installments/Lease
||Before beginning business
||$5,000 to $10,000
|Vehicle Operating Expenses
||$3,600 to $5,000
||$3,000 to $5,000
|Miscellaneous Start-up Costs
||$10,000 to $20,000
||Before beginning business
|Additional Funds (6 months)
||$50,000 to $100,000
||First 6 months of operation
||$153,225 to $256,750
The figures in the above chart are estimates only based on our principals' 30 years of experience in the commercial cleaning business and we cannot guarantee that you will not have additional expenses in starting your business. Your costs will depend on your management skill, experience and business acumen; local economic conditions; the local market for Anago services and Unit Franchisees; competition; and the gross revenues reached during the initial period.
HOW MUCH MONEY CAN I MAKE?
With one of the most competitive royalty structures in the franchised commercial cleaning industry, and multiple revenue streams, your income potential is unlimited! Here is a description of the 12 primary revenue streams:
- The Unit Franchisee pays cash for their franchise, or pays a down payment based on the program selected.
- The balance of the franchise fee is financed by the Master, so you collect a monthly note payment from the Unit.
- The Master collects royalty and administration fees for all janitorial contracts assigned to the Unit.
- When the Unit wants additional contracts above what was purchased in their original program, the Master collects a commission fee down payment.
- The Master also collects a note payment for the additional work.
- The Master provides ancillary services, such as floor care or one-time services to clients. These services have a high profit margin.
- The Master collects an advertising fee from the Franchisees to assist in expanding their client base.
- The Franchisee can elect to pay a fee to the Master to guarantee payment on all contracts, whether the client pays or not.
- The Master can assist his/her Franchisees in purchasing equipment and supplies, with markup and interest.
- The Master Owner enjoys a margin on apparel and promotional item purchases.
- The Master collects a fee for administering our national insurance program to their Franchisees.
WHAT ARE THE FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS TO PURCHASE AN ANAGO MASTER?
- Franchisee fees start at $59K
- Working Capital Requirements: $154K - $257K (including franchise fee)
- You will need $10K+ to set up your office. You will be selling franchises and cleaning contracts upon opening, thereby decreasing the amount of working capital you will need.
- NOTE: If you are looking for a lower-cost cleaning franchise opportunity, please click here to learn more about our Unit Franchises.
WHAT FEES ARE DUE TO THE FRANCHISOR?
Anago Cleaning Systems has one of the most competitive royalty structures in the commercial cleaning industry!
5% royalty on recurring monthly collections only. No royalty is due on what you don't collect!
A one-time flat fee of $400 for every Unit Franchise sold. The larger the down payment you receive, the more you get to keep. Our competitors charge a percentage of the down payment you receive, and some even charge a percentage of the note! Anago only charges the one-time fee.
A 1% administrative support fee on total monthly collections. Again, only due on what you collect not what you bill.
All fees paid to the Franchisor are collected from the Unit Franchisee.
WHAT ELSE DOES THE FRANCHISE FEE COVER?
The franchise fee for most major U.S. territories is currently $59K. The fee includes a 20+ page fully search engine optimized website, specific to your Master territory. Also included is all the on-site training our team will provide to you on every aspect of the business, from advertising for Unit Franchisees to bidding on cleaning contracts.
HOW DO I FINANCE MY ANAGO MASTER FRANCHISE?
Anago Cleaning Systems has one of the lowest franchise fees in the commercial cleaning industry which makes it an outstanding opportunity for the aspiring entrepreneur. Anago wants you to have as much working capital available as possible to get your business going. Here are some ideas on how to finance your Master Franchise:
- Cash savings - This is an excellent source of funding as you don't have to rely on third parties or on interest rates.
- 401K or IRA - You can use your 401K or IRA retirement savings to finance your business without facing the financial penalties for early withdrawal. This is a very popular option as it allows you to in effect, lend money to yourself. You will need to contact a professional to assist you in setting this up. Anago can recommend some companies to assist you.
- Home Equity Line of Credit - Local lenders typically extend a line of credit without requiring you to tell them what you'll use the money for. Borrowing against the value of your home can be very easy to do.
- Friends and family - You may have friends or family who are interested in investing in your success. They may be willing to provide you with low interest or no interest loans.
DOES ANAGO OFFER A DISCOUNT FOR VETERANS?
Anago Cleaning Systems' Chairman, David Povlitz is a veteran and very committed to keeping Anago a veteran-friendly company.
Anago is proud to be a member of the International Franchise Association's VetFran program. We offer a 20% discount on the Master franchisee fee to any honorably discharged veteran.
WHAT DO I GET FOR MY INVESTMENT?
Anago's franchise fee for most new U.S. Master territories is currently $59K. In addition to the exclusive developmental rights to sell Unit Franchisees and cleaning contracts in your exclusive territory, you also get the following:
- Site Development - We help you locate office space, negotiate your lease, assist in hiring your employees, contract with a janitorial supplier in your area, map out your territory, negotiate advertising contracts, and just about everything else you might need assistance with prior to opening.
- Initial Training - Our team trains you on every aspect of the business, from franchise sales to customer service, and teaches you how to use our comprehensive software programs to track every bit of it. The initial training takes place in your Master Territory, and the cost is included in the franchise fee.
- Field Training - You will receive additional "hands on" training from some of our most successful Masters and learn their secrets to success!
- On-Going Training - You will have 24/7 access to our Corporate Support Team, plus Regional Conferences, Seminars, Field Visits, Conference Calls, Webinars, Tech Support and Vendor Relations.
- Website - You will receive a fully search engine optimized 20+ page website to kick start your franchise recruitment and client sales programs ($15K value).
- Manuals - We provide you with a full set of manuals for running every aspect of your new Master Office, and a full set of manuals for coaching your Unit Franchisees.
- Anago even prepares your Unit Franchise Agreement template, which translates into less legal expenses for you.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ANAGO MASTER FRANCHISE OWNER
As an Anago Master Owner, you are NOT in the cleaning business - you are a white-collar business executive in the sales and marketing business. For the most part, you are looking at a 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday schedule. As a matter of fact, Anago was recognized by 1851 Magazine as the #2 Franchise Perfect for Keeping Weekends Free.
You will be building and mentoring your team of employees to support your Unit Franchisees, and developing your client base through sales and marketing efforts. You will also be networking with other business owners in your area to create local market awareness for your services. As an Owner, you control your time in the office - and away from the office. You will be able to spend most nights and weekends with your family.
HOW HARD IS IT TO FIND CUSTOMERS?
With Anago's cloud-based proprietary software system, and latest hardware & software technology, getting customers has never been easier. We provide you with leads of businesses in your territory which we have targeted as companies that outsource their cleaning. After 25 years of comprehensive research, we have identified these leads based on high closing ratio, high retention rate, and high dollar value of service.
Your telemarketing team will call these targeted businesses to set appointments for you or your salesperson to submit a cleaning proposal. Telemarketing is just one of the ways you can sell cleaning contracts. Once we set you up with your fully search engine optimized Anago website, clients will be coming to you for quotes!
As part of the comprehensive initial training you will receive, we will teach you how to bid and estimate any type of commercial account using Anago's state of the art technology. You will run actual sales appointments in your Master territory and learn the most efficient cleaning techniques so you can coach your Unit Franchisees to provide superior service to their clients.
HOW DOES THE MASTER SELL CLEANING CONTRACTS?
Anago services all types of commercial properties, such as multi-tenant office buildings, schools, banks, insurance companies, car dealerships, outpatient surgery centers, and day-care centers.
Anago's clients sign a 1-year, automatically renewable contract, which translates into a stable revenue stream for the Master.
Anago also offers one-time specialty cleans such as carpet cleaning and hard surface floor care to commercial locations.
Anago's cloud-based proprietary software system contains leads of businesses in your territory, which we have targeted as companies that outsource their cleaning. After 20 years of comprehensive research, we have identified these leads based on high closing ratio, high retention rate, and high dollar value of the service.
Your telemarketers call the targeted businesses to set appointments for you or your sales person to submit a cleaning proposal.
Once we set you up with your Anago website, clients will be coming to you for quotes!
HOW DOES THE MASTER SELL UNIT FRANCHISES?
- Leads from advertising - Anago provides templates for use in local print and radio.
- Leads from your Anago website - we provide you with a fully SEO optimized website, putting $15K into your local marketing efforts, which will make an immediate impact within your territory.
- Leads from the corporate office, through our partnerships with top web advertisers including placement on sites such as NBC, MSN, Fortune, Fox News, USA Today, CBS, and Discovery Channel.
- Local events and festivals.
- Networking - Chamber of Commerce, trade organizations and shows.
WHO BUYS A UNIT FRANCHISE?
Anago has programs available to suit all kinds of needs:
- Individuals, friends, husband and wife teams, and business partners looking for an additional source of income (most cleaning is done in the evening so they can keep their day job if they desire). A Unit can start small and build their franchise to their desired level of income.
- Existing janitorial company owners who want to expand their business but don't know how.
- Down-sized employees who want to control their future and be their own boss.
HOW HARD IS IT TO FIND UNIT FRANCHISEES?
Anago offers multiple programs to suit the individual needs of each prospective Unit Franchisee. Some may be existing janitorial company owners who are looking to expand their business but don't know how to do it. Some may be down-sized employees who are looking to control their future and be their own boss. Others may be husband and wife teams, friends, or business partners looking for an additional source of income. Since most of the cleaning is done in the evening, they can keep their day job if they desire. The prospective Unit Franchisee can start small and build their franchise to their desired level of income.
Included in the purchase of your new Anago Master Franchise, you will receive a fully branded search engine optimized website, specifically tailored to your area (valued at $15K).This will give you a jump start toward attracting individuals looking to purchase a Unit Franchise.
Anago Corporate will also assist you in negotiating advertising contracts with local vendors, and provide you with templates to use in both local print and radio.
Anago will also provide you with leads from our corporate office, through our partnerships with top web advertisers, including placement on sites such as Fox News, USA Today, and MSN.
Events such as local festivals and franchise expos in your area are also a good source of leads for Unit Franchisees.
As your Anago Master Franchise grows, your current Unit Franchisees will refer friends and family to you through Anago's Franchise Referral Program.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET STARTED?
From signing of your Subfranchise Rights Agreement (SRA) to opening of your brand new Anago Master Office, the typical timeframe is approximately 60-90 days.
NEXT STEPS; JOINING THE ANAGO FAMILY
If you've done your research, you know what Anago is all about. We are an international commercial cleaning franchise that has been around for over 25 years. We are looking for individuals to help our company succeed and enjoy personal success in return. We will only award a Master Franchise to a candidate who:
- Matches the profile of a successful Master Franchisee
- Would enjoy the day to day responsibilities of running the franchise
- Stands a high probability of succeeding at the business.
Now let's work together to determine whether we are right for each other. Everything starts with an initial contact to our Corporate Office, located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
We want to find out more about you, and what would make you a great Master Owner. We will send you an application to complete and send back to us with your resume and financial statements showing the funds available to purchase and support your new Master Franchise.
Upon receipt and review of those documents, we will send you a copy of our Franchise Disclosure Document. Once you have had a chance to review the document, we will arrange a conference call with you to address any questions you may have.
We urge you to contact Anago Master Owners across the country to talk about their experiences as part of your due diligence process.
Once you have been approved by our Executive Team, we will extend an invitation to attend Discovery Day at our Corporate Office in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Here you will spend a day meeting with our Executive Team, and all the individuals who will train and support you in your new Master Franchise. You will also visit Anago of South Florida, one of the largest Master Franchises in our system. Here you will hear a sample Unit Franchise presentation and visit all the departments that comprise a Master Franchise office.
At the conclusion of Discovery Day, our Executive Team will ask you to sign a Purchase Agreement as an indication of your commitment to purchase the Master Franchise territory.
Are you ready to take control of your future? Contact Anago today - 800-213-5857.